Jamis 2014 Dakota D29 Sport Mountain Bicycle 29″ wheel size. http://www.rbinc-sports.com 79 Wingold ave Unit 10 open 7 days a week On Special call for info. This is the latest in 29 bicycles for this price range. If your taller, heavier, need help in tough terrain or need to cycle on roads quite a bit and less tight riding this bicycle is for you!
NEW FOR 2014
Kinesis 6061 triple-butted aluminum tubing Rock Shox XC30 TK 29″ fork w/100mm travel
Shimano Alivio/Acera 27-speed drivetrain Tektro HDC-300 hydraulic disc brakes
geax AKA 29″ x 2.2 tires
Triple-butted 6061 aluminum main tubes, 1.5 – 1 1/8″ tapered head tube, sloping radius top tube, over-sized seat tube, replaceable derailleur hanger
Rock Shox XC30 29 TK, coil spring with Turn Key lock-out, external preload adjus- tor, 30mm stanchions, 100mm travel
headset FSA Orbit 1.5 zero-Stack internal cup, 30mm shim stack
Alex XD Elite 29″ rims, 32H, Formula alloy 6-bolt disc hubs, 14g black stainless steel spokes
Tires geax AKA, 29 x 2.2″
Derailleurs Shimano Alivio M430 rear and Acera M390 front
Shiftlevers Shimano Acera M390, 9-speed
Chain: KMC z99
Cassette SRAM Pg-950, 9-speed, 11-34
Crankset Shimano M391 Octalink, 44/32/22T, 170mm (15″), 175mm (17-21″)
BB Set Shimano Octalink sealed cartridge
Pedals ATb platform, hi-impact resin cage & body
Brakeset Tektro HDC-300 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm (front) & 160mm (rear) rotors
handlebar Jamis Flat Top, 31.8 x 9 ̊ x 700mm
Stem Jamis XC alloy threadless, 7 ̊ rise x 80mm (15″), 90mm (17″), 100mm (19″), 110mm (21″)
grips Dual compound
Seatpost Jamis OS alloy micro-adjust, 31.6 x 400mm, with alloy qR clamp
Saddle Jamis ATb Comp with pressure relief channel
Sizes 15″, 17″, 19″, 21″
Colour gloss black
Weight 31.50 lbs
- Easier to get over rocks logs. If your weakness is tough terrain even if you are short and or light then this might be the best choice. If your scared of tough terrain best choice! Great for beginner riders scared of tough terrain.
- More surface area so better climbing on slick rock.
- Lower rolling resistance so faster on roads and straight aways which is important if you have a long road ride before the trails.
- Less chance of flats due to larger point of contact.
- Quickest acceleration between trees and tight turns.
- Really good for heavy and tall riders.
- The wheel has lots of momentum so once you get it going fast you just need to keep it up to speed.
- Because the bottom bracket is below the axles the bicycle is much more stable.
- Great for fast downhill riding – lots of stability.