26″ mountain bicycles offer advantages over the large wheel models now out:
Great Parts at a low price On Special. Open 7 days a week On line store 79 Wingold ave Unit 1
big wheel bikes may be all the rage, but they weigh a lot too. Our Durangos drop at least 2 pounds over any comparably equipped 29’er. They’re versatile and well-equipped and the perfect bike to hit the backcountry and discover what mountain biking is all about.
7005 triple-butted aluminum main tubes, over-sized seat tube, sloping radius top tube, S-bend down tube, zero-stack head tube, over-sized stays, replaceable derailleur hanger
RST Aerial TnL, Air spring with Turn-n-Lock lock-out, magnesium sliders, 32mm stanchions, 100mm travel
headset FSA zero-stack internal cup threadless, 25mm shim stack, 1 1/8″
Alex TD25 double-wall disc-specific rims with reinforced spoke bed rims, 32H, Formula Hi-Lo flange sealed bear- ing 6-bolt disc hubs, 14g black stainless steel spokes
Tires Geax barro Mountain, 26 x 2.1″
Derailleurs Shimano XT rear and Alivio 34.9mm top pull front
Shiftlevers Shimano Alivio M430, 9-speed
Chain: SRAM 951
Cassette SRAM PG-950, 9-speed, 11-34
Crankset Shimano M430 Octalink, 44/32/22, 170mm (13-15″), 175mm (17-21″)
BB Set Shimano ES25, Octalink, 68 x 113mm
Pedals Alloy platform with steel outer cage
Brakeset Tektro Draco 2 hydraulic disc brakes with 6″ wavy rotor
handlebar Jamis XC alloy riser, 31.8mm x 8 ̊ sweep x 25mm rise x 680mm
Stem Jamis XC alloy threadless, 10 ̊ rise x 90mm (13-15″) 100mm (17″) , 110mm (19″), 120mm (21″)
grips Dual compound
Seatpost Jamis OS alloy micro-adjust, 31.6 x 350mm with alloy qR clamp
Saddle Jamis ATb Comp with pressure relief channel
Sizes 13″, 15″, 17″, 19″, 21″
Colour Gloss black/Yellow or Gloss black/blue
Weight 30.50 lbs
- Usually you can get a great deal on an older model so you get the best parts for the money.
- Easily available parts if you are travelling and less money for them.
- Best for short and or light weight riders.
- Lightest of the three bicycles. If you run up steep hills with the bicycle on your shoulder then this is the best choice.
- Low stand over height so good if you have short legs.
- Best Acceleration of the three even though 650 is close so great on switch back, tight corners and through trees and slalom.